What should I know before leaving the hospital?
Undergoing a surgery is often a life-changing experience. A surgical intervention requires special treatment and increased attention for at least a short period of time after it was performed.
Before leaving the hospital, there are some aspects regarding recovery you should discuss with your healthcare provider in order to experience a rapid and comfortable rehabilitation.
- Surgical interventions can cause long-term pain and high sensitivity of the region where the incision was made. Ask your doctor what pain relieving medicine is recommended for you and how you should take it to alleviate your discomfort.
- Make sure you receive all the necessary information about how you should take care of the wound.
- Ask your healthcare provider if you need to follow a certain diet in order to recover faster.
- Double check the phone number of your doctor in case you will need any help and need to reach him or her.
- Find out what activities you are no longer allowed to perform and for how long you should avoid them.