Why Choose Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital for Hip Surgery?
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital we understand your concern about your well-being, that’s why we have assembled the greatest team of surgeons in Los Angeles to be at your disposal along with cutting-edge technology.
- the hip’s joint is comprised of a ball and socket joint that allows us to turn in different directions and supports our body
- the thigh bone (the femur) has an upper end that resembles a "ball" which fits into a "socket"
- the Hyaline cartilage plays an essential role in lining the femur’s head and the acetabulum. Moreover, it ensures a smooth, frictionless surface for the bones moving and gliding past each other
- Hyaline cartilage can also prevent bone collision and absorb the shock during movement
- Between the layers of hyaline cartilage, synovial membranes secrete watery synovial fluid to lubricate the joint capsule
- the femur can easily circumduct through a 360-degree circle thanks to the joint’s ball-and-socket structure
- The femur may also rotate around its axis about 90 degrees at the hip joint
By losing extra kilos and maintaining a healthy body weight, you can avoid or at least reduce joint discomfort.
Another essential recommendation is to get enough vitamins; vitamin C is very important in boosting the collagen production which supports the joint tissue. Calcium is also necessary because it boosts the bone’s growth and strength, reducing joint stress.
Before you start your workout routine, it’s necessary to warm up and cool down because this will help you avoid injuries and have a better flexibility.
More flexibility can also be achieved by stretching and strengthening exercises which also promote muscle growth and maintain the range of motion.
You should avoid sitting and standing for prolonged periods because this causes stiffness.
The ideal situation is when you can alternate these two positions every half an hour.