Hernia can cause serious enough pain to make you enjoy less the activities you once loved or worse – stop from doing them completely. You need to know that surgical treatment is the only way to fix your problem. So why not receive the help of respected and highly regarded surgeons in Los Angeles?
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital will provide you with the best medical staff and the best treatment solution in order to make your symptoms disappear and for you to get back to the life you love.
A hernia is a medical condition in which part of an organ is displaced and protrudes through the wall of the cavity containing it. It often involves the intestine at a weak point in the abdominal wall.
Hernias can occur in many places, but the most common types of hernias are:
- Inguinal hernias are located in the lower abdomen, just above the leg crease and adjacent to the pubic area. They are the most common type of hernia.
- Ventral hernias occur in the abdomen typically at the site of previous surgery.
- Femoral hernias, like inguinal hernia, are found in the groin area. They are more common in women than men and often the result of pregnancy or childbirth
- Umbilical hernias occur in the belly button or navel. In adults, umbilical hernias will not resolve and may progressively worsen over time.
The phrase “hernia repair” refers to a surgical operation for the correction of a hernia.
Some people with hernias do not experience symptoms. However, hernias can cause severe pain and potentially serious, complications such as infection and bowel obstruction.
Surgery remains the only way to repair a hernia; they will not resolve on their own.
With minimally invasive surgery, the biggest difference that the patient will notice is in recovery.
The laparoscopic approach lowers the risk of complications, improves recovery, and makes for much less discomfort to the patient.
With robotic surgery the da Vinci Si surgical robot enhances the surgeon's natural steadiness and precision, resulting in incisions that are more precise than is possible with the human hand alone.
Other advantages of minimally invasive surgical treatment are:
The da Vinci® Surgical System is a new sophisticated robotic platform specially designed to expand the surgeon’s capabilities and offer state-of-the-art minimally invasive facilities for major surgery. This is a sophisticated machine that helps doctors perform surgery more precisely, with less risk of complication or side effects.
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital surgeons have extended experience in operating with the Da Vinci® Surgical System. The key components of this system include:
- 4 interactive robotic arms
- A high-definition 3D vision system
- A patient-side cart where the patient is placed during the operation
- An ergonomic console for the surgeon to sit at during the surgery
- Proprietary EndoWrist® tools