Otolaryngology FAQYour Health. Your Hospital
We are bound to provide our patients with accessible, comprehensive and accurate information. Our highly experienced doctors and specialists have answered the most frequently asked questions in order to facilitate your understanding of the most common medical problems and explain what the diagnostic and treatment procedures performed at Marina Del Rey Hospital entail.
Looking for a specific question?
or Call and get an answer right away 888-600-5600
All Frequently Asked Questions By Categories
- Are there any specific risk factors for developing an ear, nose, and throat infection?
- Can ear, nose, and throat conditions become serious and are they linked to any other health problems?
- Is it safe to take a flight with an earache?
- What is meant by strep throat?
- What is the cause for bleeding from the nose?
- How are head and neck cancers identified and treated? Are they preventable?
- How long does it take to recover from neck surgery?
- How should I prepare for the head and neck surgery?
- Is endoscopic skull base surgery right for me?
- What does the term skull base mean?
- What happens on the day of the head and neck surgery?
- What happens once I am discharged after head and neck surgery?
- What is a skull base tumor?
- What is the purpose of the skull base surgery?
- When should I consider neck surgery?
- Who performs skull base surgery?
- Are there any risks involved in the balloon sinus surgery?
- How is the balloon sinuplasty procedure performed?
- How long does it take to recover from a balloon sinus surgery?
- Is sinus surgery necessary?
- Is sinus surgery painful?
- Is the balloon sinuplasty surgery painful?
- What is sinusitis and how can it be treated?
- What should I expect after sinus surgery?
- Does a surgically constructed ear grow?
- How durable are the reconstructed ears?
- Is it possible to use tissue from another person for ear reconstruction?
- What can I expect after the facial reconstruction procedure?
- What happens during facial reconstruction surgery?
- What is a facial trauma reconstruction?
- What is ear reconstruction?
- What is microtia?
- Who are the best candidates for facial reconstruction surgery?