Marina Hospital Co-hosts Overactive Bladder Event
Last week we were thrilled to have Allergan sponsor our latest informative community event on the topic of Overactive Bladder (OAB), co-hosted by the Spirit of Women organization.
More than 30 men and women attended the event, which was held atop the Marriott Hotel in Marina del Rey. Attendees were treated to delicious hors d'oeuvres, while enjoying a beautiful sunset view from the hotel’s 10th floor Bayview Room meeting space.
Marina Hospital’s own Mark Miller welcomed attendees before introducing our featured guest speaker Dr. Michael Gambla, Urologist.
Dr. Gambla gave a very informative presentation about how Botox is helping people suffering from OAB that included impressive results of clinical trials and testimonials from those who have benefited from Botox therapy. He followed up by answering questions from attendees.
Here’s a brief overview of what was presented:
- An estimated 16.5% of people have OAB
- OAB affects people of all ages
- OAB is currently treated with medications, devices and, in rare cases, surgery
- 92% of patients stop taking medications within 2 years due to side effects
- Botox is approved by the FDA for treatment of OAB
- Botox is an ideal treatment for anyone who has tried medication and was not satisfied with the results or did not like the side effects
- The outpatient procedure typically takes a total of one hour and is performed by a urologist or urogynecologist (ask your doctor if Botox is right for you)
- Botox is affordable! It’s covered by Medicare and most insurance, and discount cards are available as well as an assistance program for those who are uninsured or underinsured - visit www.botoxforoab.com for more info.
Marina del Rey Hospital is grateful to Spirit of Women and Allergan for helping us bring Dr. Gambla and this informative event to the community. We are happy to provide the following list of Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital urologists who can help you manage OAB.
Agatstein, Ernest H.
Ahmed, Faisal A.
Johnson, Thomas L.
Malhotra, Sameer M.
Paletz, Lawrence R.
Tamarin, Mark W.
Tomasic, Nickolas A.
Yamauchi, George J.
To learn more about upcoming events like this one, please visit our events section and sign up for our newsletter.