Nephrology FAQYour Health. Your Hospital
We are bound to provide our patients with accessible, comprehensive and accurate information. Our highly experienced doctors and specialists have answered the most frequently asked questions in order to facilitate your understanding of the most common medical problems and explain what the diagnostic and treatment procedures performed at Marina Del Rey Hospital entail.
Looking for a specific question?
or Call and get an answer right away 888-600-5600
All Frequently Asked Questions By Categories
- Are all patients treated at the same hemodialysis machine?
- Are there any medications that I should avoid taking if I am diagnosed with CKD?
- Can diet modifications help improve kidney functions?
- How is the control of diabetes and blood pressure linked to kidney functions?
- How should I prepare for hemodialysis?
- Is it risky to have home hemodialysis?
- Should I follow a special diet during hemodialysis?
- What are the common kidney diseases and what is their cause?
- What are the options available for the treatment of kidney failure?
- What can be done to protect my kidneys?
- What can I expect from hemodialysis?
- What is meant by the terms hematuria and proteinuria?
- Where can I access hemodialysis?
- Which laboratory tests are performed to assess and monitor the function of kidneys?
- Why are kidneys so important and what do they actually do?