What are the symptoms of an MCL injury?
The symptoms of an MCL injury are very similar to those of other knee problems.
An MCL injury is often difficult to recognize as its symptoms are often similar to other problems involving the knee. In fact, immediate medical attention can help determine the injury to the MCL and establish an accurate diagnosis.
The symptoms of an MCL injury include:
- A popping sound may be heard during the injury
- Pain and tenderness along the inner portion of your knee
- Swelling at the knee joint
- A catching or locking sensation in the knee joint
- A feeling as though your knee is going to give way while putting weight on it
Generally, the symptoms of knee instability indicate grade 2 and grade 3 injuries.