Boosting your Immune System: Is it Possible?February 28th, 2018 - Posted to Weight Loss
The immune system is a very complex component of the human body. Our smart cells work every day to defend us from dangerous microorganisms and to keep us healthy. However, we still get sick sometimes and catch the flu every winter.
While no connection has been yet established between the common winter flu and the cold weather, there are several factors that can weaken our immune system which, consequently, will no longer be able to destroy the germs struggling endlessly to invade our bodies.
So here comes the logical question: is there anything we can do to boost our immune system? Yes, there is. Our cells will gladly accept help from the outside, help that can be provided in several ways.
Develop a Healthy Lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle is your body's first line of defense against pathogens. Adopting the following healthy-living strategies will help your immune system function better:
- Wash your hands frequently to avoid infections
- Don't smoke and moderate alcohol consumption
- Minimize stress and make sure to get enough sleep
- Don't skip physical exercises
Compensate Nutrient Deficiencies with Vitamins
Maintaining normal levels of nutrients in the organism is also important for a proper functioning of the immune system. Therefore, if you know that your alimentation is not varied enough to provide all the necessary nutrients, you should consider including vitamins and food supplements in your diet. Taking correct doses of vitamins can have beneficial effects on the immune system and, implicitly, on your health.
Add Specific Spices to your Food
There are several spices known to give the immune system a boost:
- Garlic: Consuming fresh garlic regularly can help reduce the symptoms of a cold or flu, or even prevent these illnesses.
- Ginger root: Ginger is a widely used spice in teas and smoothies since it aids digestion, acts as an antioxidant and also fights the flu virus.
- Turmeric: This spice can have a powerful antioxidant effect and helps reduce inflammations thanks to a compound called Curcumin.
- Cinnamon: One of the spices used since the beginning of humanity, cinnamon can boost the immune system with its anti-microbial and antioxidant effects.
The immune system is our best friend in the struggle of living a long disease-free life. It helps us stay healthy and leads continuous fights with various microorganisms so we can go on and live our lives peacefully. As a reward, we can at least take up new habits to healthen our lifestyle and give our immune system a well-deserved boost.
Warning: getimagesize(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/marinaho/public_html/frontend/default/contents/blog-article-content.php on line 22
Warning: getimagesize(https://www.marinahospital.com/administration/plugins/image.php?cropratio=2:1&image=/administration/uploads/boost-your-immune-system.jpg): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/marinaho/public_html/frontend/default/contents/blog-article-content.php on line 22